Re: ghostscript meta package

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 08:27:27PM +1200, Steven Drake wrote:
 > Does anyone have a problem with changing the way the
 > ghostscript-agpl/ghostscript-gpl is selected to use a meta-package named
 > 'ghostscript' that depends on one of them.
 >
 > This basically reverts the way that ghostscript depends, buildlinks and
 > the gs section of mk/tools/replace.mk work to what they where before
 > the two packages existed (Sorry dholland@).

No need to apologize, I stuffed in something cheap in a hurry in order
to make the quarterly freeze.

What I'd worry about is what version number the meta-package is going
to have, and what happens to the dependencies when the two packages
cease to be fully interchangeable. This is bound to happen eventually.

I don't think it's going to work.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost