run replace-interpreter in post-install phase?

All,

for packaging an rpm-based Linux application, I need to replace a
script interpreter (ksh) in the post-install phase, since the rpms are
not unpacked before the install phase.

Unfortunately, the replace-interpreter target
(mk/configure/replace-interpreter.mk) is hinged on
do-configure-pre-hook. Is there an easy way of invoking it at
post-install, or do I need to roll my own?

Thanks,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281