Re: ocamlmklib patch to (conditionally) properly handle RPATH (Re: xentools41 LDFLAGS Re: broken packages for 2012Q3)

On 3/13/13 6:43 AM, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 01:08:57PM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

(...) Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the issue. If we do this, both the
-L and the -Wl,-rpath path are added to the .so's rpath.

That's because ocamlmklib adds the -L arguments to the rpath used later with
-R, if they're absolute (defined for Unixoids as "starting with '/'"):

 From ocamlmklib:

     else if starts_with s "-L" then
       (c_Lopts := s :: !c_Lopts;
       let l = chop_prefix s "-L" in
          if not (Filename.is_relative l) then rpath := l :: !rpath)
I've prepared a patch for ocaml to make this conditional on not setting
a new flag, "-elfmode". (see below).

This way we can proceed for the time being until the Inria OCamL people
have decided what to do.

May I commit?

        -is

Please do!