Re: Enabling PHP modules by default

                        Hi,

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 23:03:26 +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Am 11.03.2013 um 13:13 schrieb iMil <imil%home.imil.net@localhost>:
>
>> what would you think of enabling modules by default by creating a
>> /usr/pkg/etc/php.d/foo.ini file instead of just asking the user to do
>> it?
>
> Yes please.
> Whoever installs a package made that decision by the time they run
> pkg_install/make install.
> I do not see the point in stopping halfways through the installation
> like we currently do. At least *I* would love the "do everything"
> option...

Same here. However, I think the relevant files in etc/php.d should be
automatically removed when the package is uninstalled (except if it was
modified). That way, if a sysadmin explicitly disabled the module (or
changed its default configuration), it will not be enabled by default
again.

There is the issue that PHP will complain if the module is uninstalled
but still enabled - however we have this problem already.

HTH,
--
khorben