Re: pkg_add problem with nosuid on /var

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:16:35AM +0100, Fredrik Pettai wrote:
 > > I guess it's more about noexec than nosuid.
 > > It cannot execute +INSTALL script from /var/db/pkg/bash-4.2nb2/.
 > Yes, you're right, I was a bit trigger-happy on the send button.
 > But still, could this be (re)designed so noexec could be used on
 > /var in a good way?

Given that many, many things that should be package metadata are
actually encoded in install/deinstall scripts, it won't be easy.

I suppose pkg_add could be taught to copy the script to /tmp first or
something, but then someone's going to want /tmp noexec (which is
probably more useful than /var noexec anyhow) so it's probably a lost

David A. Holland