how to disable shared libs with pkgsrc libtool

I have a package (an update of syslog-ng to 3.3.7) which has a
library inclued. The build system of this library uses libtool, and
is configured with shared libraries disabled:
host: i386--netbsdelf
disable shared libraries
enable static libraries

But pkgsrc overwrite this libtool with the pkgsrc one, which has shared libs
enabled. This leads to a binary linked against a shared library, which is not
installed (and I'm not sure we want to install it).
How can I disable binding this shared library ?

Manuel Bouyer <>