Re: Why did devel/bison grow a dependency on xz?

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 06:04:01PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> It requires a working C99 compiler. I would say in the year 2012, that's
> a pretty reasonable requirement.

I disagree. Unfortunately major commercial compiler vendors do not care about
C any more and only go for the strange C++ 2011 standard. And yes, I already
complained to them.

Now if xz would compile as C++, everything would be fine - alas, it does not.

Martin