Re: Categorization of license?

Hi Håvard,

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:50:23 +0200, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> I'm updating x11/tk-Tix to fit in with the newer tcl and tk
> packages.  Pkglint rightfully complains about missing LICENSE
> setting.  Attached below is the license included in the package.
> Can one of the licensing experts (I'm not...) please help me in
> either categorizing this license as an existing license, and then
> tell me which, or tell me whether it needs its own license?

-snip license-

This seems to be the same license which is in use for Tcl/Tk itself, and
is in fact used for other Tcl based packages.

You probably should just use the license John ends up putting in
the main Tcl Makefile, which is probably 2-clause BSD, as discussed in
the following subthread of "Any issue with upgrading lang/tcl to 8.5.12

A quick google search has revealed that questions regarding the Tcl
license often pop up on the list.

Best regards,