removing gcc3-ada (was: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/lang/gcc3-java)

(moving to tech-pkg for visibility)

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 08:39:10AM +0200, John Marino wrote:
 > I wouldn't remove a package myself, I was only opining on yes/no and when.

Well, at this point you're the expert on Ada, as far as I know. So I
think whatever you recommend is what's going to get done.

If you don't want to pull the trigger, I'm sure someone else will be
willing to.

 > so I'd recommend for now (not NetBSD 4 EOL):
 > 1) kill gcc3-ada
 > 2) kill gcc34-ada
 > 3) remove references of gcc34-ada from gcc34 options.mk and
 > anywhere else it's mentioned as a bootstrap compiler candidate.
 >
 > But I'm recommending it, not saying I'll remove the package.  I've
 > taken too much flak this week already.

Anyone have any objections?

--
David A. Holland