Re: xz 5.0.3 (i386/NetBSD 5.0) strange "Unexpected end of input"

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 08:41:07PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
> I noticed that I was seeing
>       unxz: (stdin): Unexpected end of input
> occasionally - I was running pkg_info from a context where it was
> examining a whole directory of binpkg files, and this gave no idea
> which file was (apparently) corrupt.

If I may guess, you are hitting no corruption, just an optimisation.
pkg_info just reads enough from the package to get the meta data.
When libarchive is *not* built against liblzma, it calls unxz as
external filter, pushing data as needed. Depending on how fast the
extraction happens, unxz hits the closed stdout or closed stdin first.
I'm not aware of a clean way to signal this.

Joerg