[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: Update stopper for gnome-power-manager?
On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 02:19:57 +0900, Julio Merino <jmmv%netbsd.org@localhost>
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 5:25 AM, OBATA Akio <obache%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 14:07:51 +0900, OBATA Akio <obache%netbsd.org@localhost>
What is the stopper of updating gnome-power-manager to newer version?
Just not tried by anyone yet?
gnome-power-manager-2.26.4 require devkit-gobject module and devkit-power
command, missing in pkgsrc...
2.26 is a very old version anyway, and devkit-power is deprecated. I
don't know what never versions require though.
2.30 still require devkit-power-gobject module, 3.x probably require UPower.
Why I tried updating to 2.26.4 is
* gnome-power-manager-2.24.4 is broken now due to using a deprecated feature by
* gnome-power-manager>=2.26 is not using the deprecated feature.
* gnome-power-manager should be updated?
* now pkgsrc is feature freeze, so changes should be minimalize.
* meta-pkgs/gnome and multimedia/gnome-mplayer depend on gnome-power-manager,
meta-pkg/gnome is still 2.26.2.
* it is reasonable updating to 2.26.4?
We should set target version for Gnome related packages,
at least, latest 2.x or jump to 3.x.
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost
Main Index |
Thread Index |