[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Now that emacs24 is out upstream, I would like to do the following:
(1) add an editors/emacs24 package, but leave the default EMACS_TYPE
(2) mark editors/emacs-snapshot "BROKEN=Outdated; use editors/emacs24";
until the first emacs25 snapshot appears (removing the snapshot package
temporarily instead seems stupid);
(3) move/reimport editors/emacs as editors/emacs23;
(4) adjust _EMACS_PKGDIR_MAP for these changes;
(5) make editors/emacs a meta-package that depends on $EMACS_TYPE;
and I would like to do this before the freeze if I can get it all
ready in time.
At some later point I would also like to:
(6) perhaps rename EMACS_TYPE to EMACS_VERSION_DEFAULT for
(7) make the emacs packages not install "emacs" so multiple versions
can coexist, and make the editors/emacs meta-package install "emacs"
as a symlink to $EMACS_VERSION_DEFAULT, like lang/ruby does for ruby;
(8) set up full multiversion support so elisp packages get handled
properly by pbulk.
David A. Holland
Main Index |
Thread Index |