Controlling install scripts from pkg_install.conf (Was: Re: PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=YES be default?)

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012, Aleksej Saushev wrote:

> Steven Drake <sbd%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:
> > This can already be done by setting PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=no in the environment
> > before running pkg_add.
>
> No, this is not acceptable. It is way too easy to skip this assignment,

I totally agree with this statement.

Currently the install script templates in mk/pkginstall can be controlled
by set the following environment variables (with default values coming
from mk.conf) before running pkg_add/pkg_delete:

        PKGINSTALL_VERBOSE
        PKG_CREATE_USERGROUP
        PKG_CONFIG
        PKG_CONFIG_PERMS
        PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS
        PKG_REGISTER_SHELLS
        PKG_UPDATE_FONTS_DB

I beleave it would be a-lot better if these could be set in
pkg_install.conf.

However I'd not sure what is the best way of doing this:

1) Modify the script templates so that they use 'pkg_admin config-var'
   to get the value if any.

2) Modify pkg_add/pkg_delete so that it read the variables and sets them
   in the environment.

Comments/opinions?

--
Steven