Re: Linux /etc/ld.so.conf.d files

Steven Drake wrote:
On Tue, 8 May 2012, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 04:03:13PM +0200, Edgar Fuß wrote:
What's the suggested method for handling Linux /etc/ld.so.conf.d/* files?

Don't. The best way is almost always to use chrpath and make it do the
right thing.

That doesn't work as I've tried it my self, chrpath can change (so long as
the new path is not longer than the original) or delete an rpath but it
can't add one.

You can make extra room during the build of the original binary and make it possible to add rpaths: https://blogs.oracle.com/ali/entry/changing_elf_runpaths

r.