Re: github download recipe

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Jeremy C. Reed <>
> Can someone please provide a recipe to download
> (See )
> And how to deal with filenames that may be dynamic like
> adamzap-landslide-v1.0.1-7-g7961600.tar.gz ?

You can use the tag name or the first seven characters of the commit
number/hash as a part of the download.

I didn't find this documented anywhere, just figured it out so it's
subject to change as github feels like it.

The following will produce the same file:

So the filename isn't really dynamic unless you're tracking the master/head.

curl doesn't support naming output files based on the
Content-Disposition header that I can see

but I would probably just do something like this: