Re: bmake signal safe

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:10:05AM -0400, Sean Boudreau wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > exit() isn't listed by posix as being signal safe.
 > This causes grief on QNX if the signal is delivered
 > at the wrong time.  Any objections to the attached?

Most of everything in that function is not signal safe. It really
needs to be fixed properly.

Also, if it does cause grief a measurable amount of the time, it must
be doing something nontrivial. I don't *think* make uses atexit() but
I'm not sure...

In any event, changes to make need to be committed to src/usr.bin/make
first and then propagated to pkgsrc.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost