Re: long-broken packages (some are removal candidates)

On Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 11:30:40PM +0000, David Holland wrote:

> Here's a list of packages that might be considered based on what
> appears regularly in failure lists. I've excluded some that break
> regularly and get fixed, some that have been worked on but remain
> broken, etc.
>
> Some of them probably shouldn't be removed; others could be if nobody
> speaks up.
>
>    ------

> fonts/cyberbase-ttf, fonts/cyberbit-ttf
>
> The distfiles for these have been missing for a long time. The usual
> objects to removing packages for missing distfiles apply, I guess.

I object on the grounds that the distfiles are still findable
(or were a year or two ago), and that I have the distfiles.

> net/openafs
>
> This shouldn't be removed if possible, but it hasn't built in a long
> time ("an AFS sysname is required") and it would be nice to sort that
> out properly again.

I'm occasionally working on getting that fixed in upstream, and
I even have it updated and patched to build locally.

On a related note; net/arla has been effectively useless since the
demise of netbsd-3.  It's not DESTDIR so it's slated for removal already.
Upstream is essentially stalled, and most people realize that the way
forward is OpenAFS.

        Jonathan Kollasch