Re: patch for REQUIRES

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Filip Hajny <filip%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to commit the following patch before the freeze, which
> I have been using locally for some time. It makes sure that libs
> provided in a package are not recorded in REQUIRES of the same package.

The code for this purpose is already in metadata.mk.
It is just a few lines above that code your patch changes.
requires=`{ for i in...
As you can see it doesn't work if ldd "sees" too many libraries in the
default paths.

I'm not sure removing libraries from REQUIRES if the same library
_base name_ exists in PROVIDES is a right approach.

So, I think a better solution would be to write a script (probably
based on OBATA's script for Haiku) that takes pkgsrc's DESTDIR into
account and use this script on all ELF platforms.

Anyway, REQUIRES that points to the wrong library is a bug.
Please, send PR.