"Faking" uname as OpenBSD on MirBSD

Hi!

A while ago, Aleksey Cheusov suggested adding a facility to fake the uname as OpenBSD under MirBSD. This could be enabled for problematic packages lacking MirBSD support on a case-by-case basis. MirPorts does something similar for cdrtools and friends.

I have a working uname replacement script that just needs to be plugged in to one of the bin directories under work/. My question is: how would one best implement this? Would it be possible to leverage one of pkgsrc's own mechanisms -- maybe tools or wrappers? Hints welcome.

--Benny.