Re: bsdtar, pkg_install and archivers/xz

On 13.12.11 15:36, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 02:53:38PM +1300, Steven Drake wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2011, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 08:51:47PM +1300, Steven Drake wrote:
So I think archivers/xz should be treated the same and distributed in its
files directory.  I have the changes to xz, bsdtar and pkg_install tested
and ready to commit.

I don't think so. zlib is primarily handled like that because it is the
default compression scheme. bzip2 for historic reasons. I don't think XZ
has to be threated as such.

In that case do you have any problems with adding '--without-lzma' to
libarchive's configure arguments in bsdtar and pkg_install?

Yes, I have. What's wrong with picking it up if it is present in the
base system?
There can be something like this:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=45491