Re: pkg/44713, brokennes of GNU patch

On 12/9/11 9:36 AM, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> Hello. GNU patch fails to apply pkgsrc patches correctly (see
>  Another problem is that latest versions
> of GNU patch exit with error if files to be modified are read-only. This
> happens very often with pkgsrc distfiles.

I've found the read-only issue constantly and have been running with
this local patch to for a long time already:

-TOOLS_PLATFORM.patch?=         /usr/bin/patch
+TOOLS_PLATFORM.patch?=         /usr/bin/patch -g0

Not sure if it's OK to submit it.  Other than that, I have not
experienced other issues myself.

Julio Merino / @jmmv