Re: fetching via wget?

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Brook Milligan
<brook%biology.nmsu.edu@localhost> wrote:
> I am working with a package that apparently needs the following
> command in order to fetch the distfile:
>
>        wget --no-check-certificate https://host/distfile.tar.gz
>
> What is the proper way to handle this?

At the moment we don't have a good solution for this.
Have a look at http://gnats.netbsd.org/45680.

Personally, I think that we have to allow using FETCH_USING in
package's Makefile by restoring FETCH_USING after .include-ing
mk.conf.

Other approaches:
- Mirror binaries somewhere. IMHO this is absolutely inacceptable.
- Custom "do-fetch" target. Very inconvenient.