Graph cycles through ---- audio/squeezebox builds forever

I've got a package (audio/squeezebox) that must have a circular dependency somewhere. It builds forever and would fill the disk if not stopped. Unfortunately, when I kill the build Tinderbox cleans ups most of the logs. I could get them with another build.

One log survived that lists dependencies and it starts with the words "Graph cycles through " and then indicates some perl module. There are 6 lines (3 unique, repeated twice). Many lines later, more "Graph cycles through" appears in the log.

What does do these words mean?
Is this type of build loop common?
This kind of thing is dangerous, I can't leave the machine building by itself if there are multiple packages in the repository that can do this.

John