Re: R packages

On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 12:41:44PM -0600, Brook Milligan wrote:
 > First, all R packages are currently under the "math" category.  I
 > propose creating a new category "R" and moving them all.  This will
 > better separate R packages (which are in fact not all math related)
 > and will prevent overwhelming the legitimate math packages with more R
 > packages.

I don't think this is a good idea. We've always sorted packages by
topic; much as the existing organization is not necessarily great and
a number of packages are not in the right places (and so on),
abandoning it entirely seems inadvisable. Also, dumping all R packages
together would probably tend to encourage people to ignore them.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost