package with regularly changing distfiles

After the freeze I will be committing several packages, one of which
changes its distfiles regularly (i.e., monthly) and maintains no
history.  The package need not be updated quite that regularly, so I
am not concerned about the granularity of the packages themselves.
However, I am concerned about populating the distfiles at so that the distfiles will be fetched from there once
they are outdated on the main site.

How often do the distfiles on get updated?  What is the
process for that?  If I commit a package, how long will it typically
be before distfiles are present on

Thanks for your explanations.