error building DB_File in perl: missing -ldb

Some time ago [1] I mentioned problems with compiling lang/perl5 that
relate to the DB_File module.  The problem is that the linker command
includes -ldb but because NetBSD does not provide this library the
build fails.  I propose fixing this by installing a hints file
(cpan/DB_File/hints/ with the following contents:

     # -ldb does not exist on NetBSD so avoid trying to include it

     $self->{LIBS} = [''];

That corrects the set of libraries used for linking this module and
the build completes.

Thoughts?  Better ideas?