Re: bootstrap under OpenIndiana

Hi Tim

Forgot to answer all, but this was my answer to Andrey:

This is the well known bmake unit test error on Illumos based systems. You can either remove the last line in pkgsrc/devel/bmake/files/, or use our (The illumos pkgsrc project) bootstrap wrapper, witch got a workaround for this.

2011/8/4 Larson, Timothy E. <>
> Pkgsrc bootstrap don't work under OpenIndiana b151:
> $ sudo ./bootstrap --compiler /usr/gnu/bin/gcc --abi 32 ...
> cd /usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/bmake/SunOS/unit-tests &&
> /usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/bmake/SunOS/bmake -r -m /
> TEST_MAKE=/usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/bmake/SunOS/bmake test
> /usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/bmake/SunOS/bmake -f Makefile > test.out 2>&1
> /usr/gnu/bin/diff -u /usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/bmake/unit-tests/test.exp
> test.out
> --- /usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/bmake/unit-tests/test.exp

When I was working with Solaris, I remember seeing that some unit tests had been bypassed (also for Irix, IIRC).  However I don't recall what part of the bootstrap process this was.  Anyway, everything seemed to work fine; apparently it was only the test that failed.  Maybe that Solaris exception has been removed?