Re: xulrunner192

Hi,

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:16:17 +1200
Mark Davies <mark%ecs.vuw.ac.nz@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> > What is the problem with firefox5 and NFS?
> > Profiles on NFS or full blown NFS root?
>
> Profiles on NFS.  The places.sqlite going from < 1MB to >10MB
> multipled by a couple of 100 machines killed our file servers.

I guess they must have changed the tuning of the places algorithm
then. You can work around the problem by disabling places entirely.

To do so, edit /usr/pkg/lib/firefox/defaults/preferences/firefox.js,
change the following setting to false:

// Whether history is enabled or not.
pref("places.history.enabled", true);

Kind regards,