complaints about now Unrecognised PLIST commands

Every time I do a "make install" I get:

===> Install binary package of whatever-5.12.2nb2
pkg_add: Unrecognised PLIST command `@mtree +MTREE_DIRS'
pkg_add: Unrecognised PLIST command `@mtree +MTREE_DIRS'

The base version is:

$ strings /usr/sbin/pkg_info | grep 200
20051122

But pkgsrc installed the latest and greatest.

It should use:
PKG_ADD_CMD?=          ${PKG_TOOLS_BIN}/pkg_add

$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_TOOLS_BIN
/usr/pkg/sbin

$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_ADD_CMD
/usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_add

But even that version complains:

$  sudo /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_add ../../packages/All/p5-Compress-Raw-Zlib-2.033.tgz
pkg_add: Unrecognised PLIST command `@mtree +MTREE_DIRS'
pkg_add: Unrecognised PLIST command `@mtree +MTREE_DIRS'

It appears it sees those in two very old packages installed in Sept/Oct
2007 and still used.

By the way, I don't like how we have two installations of pkg_install
tools. The NetBSD base could include /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_add and related.
Symlinks to them from /usr/sbin could be in base.

I guess I can just ignore the message. But it mislead me at first since
I thought it was using wrong pkg_add tool.