Re: freeze for pkgsrc-2011Q1: Mar 24 - Apr 3

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 09:00:22AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 04:52:59PM +0900, Takahiro Kambe wrote:
> > > The freeze for pkgsrc-2011Q1 will start tomorrow.
> > > It's planned to last for ten days, until April 3.
> > I'm glat to hear it and a few comments.
> >
> > * Please specify time and timezone.  :-)
>
> Sure. It will start on UTC-00:00 and end at UTC-23:59 on the specified
> days.

I usually find it better to specify a time other than midnight UTC to
start and finish, since it's not always clear to people which day is
in question..

> > * Should it be announced to netbsd-announce?
>
> Was it usually announced? I thought we only made post-freeze
> announcements noting that the new branch was available. I have no
> problem with sending it there as well though :)

We don't usually announce repo management to netbsd-announce - there's
usually no need. However, it would be good to get announcement data
together - we did this last time, and it was good to have, I think.
We also just need to get to the next step and announce it, but having
the data on the branch was a good first step.

I feel we'd be better placed concentrating on getting that data together,
and then announcing that, rather than announcing an arbitrary restriction
to what peopel with commit rights can do to the repository.

Regards,
Alistair