Re: bmake unit-test fails on Illumos

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 08:27:40PM +0000, David Holland wrote:

> IOW, it appears to be a different interleaving of stdout and
> stderr... I wonder if on this platform stderr's not set to
> line-buffered like it should be by default.

stderr should default to unbuffered.
stdout is more of a problem, especially if line-buffered isn't
available and there aen't explicit fflush() calls.

It is sometimes a shame that line-buffering isn't the default
when the output is a pipe - but in this case it is probably
a file.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost