>> How about getting rid of PG_SUBPREFIX? :)
> I don't use it, but it makes having two postgres versions around for
> testing a lot easier.

People who love testing, know how to build and install PostgreSQL. Average
users don't need the black magic of PG_SUBPREFIX. I know some packages expect
libpq to be in PREFIX/lib, but PG_SUBPREFIX might move it somewhere else. In my
opinion it's dangerous, dirty and makes maintaining the package more

Concluding, I would like to remove PG_SUBPREFIX and keep the current PKGNAMEs.

Cheers :)