NOGCCERROR option

There are number of packages with sources coming from NetBSD
(misc/rump, devel/atf, ...) and those packages treat NOGCCERROR
option differently. For instance, misc/rump always sets it to 1
while devel/atf doesn't do anything.

Is there any policy for handling NOGCCERROR option in pkgsrc
for packages with NetBSD origin or even for all packages?

[ I would personally prefer a policy for all packages because
I sometimes use wip/icc11 which is more verbose with -Wall than
gcc and I had to modify mk/wrapper/transform-icc-cc to discard
-Werror. ]

Thanks,
Alex