[HEADS-UP] Freeze in Preparation for pkgsrc-2010Q3 Branch

Hi folks,

This is just a quick heads-up that we plan to have a (shorter than
usual) freeze in pkgsrc for new functionality in preparation for the
new branch.

We need to fix the pixman issues that are being seen, but the Q3 brnch
will have a whole lot of new goodies - taca's excellent ruby 1.9
upgrade (thank you!), postgres-9.0 support, prosody (hi, perry!) and
many, many more.

We'll be doing the freeze a little differently this time around.  The
previous freezes have needed little more than a week, so I plan to
start the freeze on September 23rd, at 23:59 UTC, please raise a flag
now if people think that we'll need more time.

This is also a call for volunteers to create an announcement for the
branch.  I can do the basics, but I need help with crafting the
announcement.  All help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,
Alistair