Re: HEADS UP: Options of "apache22" package changed

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 02:05:30PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
  | On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 05:22:08PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
  | > On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 08:22:12AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
  | >  > Summary of offlist discussion:
  | >  > [...]
  | >
  | > I think, though, that this needs a bigger heads-up than a single
  | > mailing list posting; perhaps a MESSAGE?
  |
  | That probably makes sense. Any suggestion for the wording?

[I'm not on these lists; please keep in CC]

Hi Matthias,

This issue bit me on the weekend after I upgraded from 2.2.15 -> 2.2.16,
and I found this thread after some research.

I propose the following attached file for the MESSAGE for apache22.

cheers,
Luke
$NetBSD$

As of Apache 2.2.16, all Apache modules will be built as shared
modules instead of being statically compiled into Apache.

If upgrading from a previous version of Apache, you will need to
add "LoadModule" directives to the your Apache configuration
otherwise you may experience problems.

See ${PREFIX}/share/examples/httpd/httpd.conf for a list of
"LoadModule" directives to be added to ${PREFIX}/etc/httpd/httpd.conf
that should restore the previous behaviour.