Re: make replace

On 07/08/10 23:37, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 10:51:51PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
  >  >  So please let's bring this back to the point at hand: what specifically
  >  >  is wrong with adding -D and having destdir-mode make replace use it?

Greg, can you just commit it? There is no question that it's an
improvement over using -f.

You know, I will just backout the USE_DESTDIR support for replace,
enabling it by default for PKG_DEVELOPER and make you and everyone else
happy to get back the original perfectly working system.

That will be funny - you complete waste my process of updating p5-*
modules when you do this.

Why can't you bring exact examples (not some abstract ones), where
the pkg_rr behaves so badly wrong as you summon?

I more and more get the dim feeling that most of your warnings and
statements are not understood (by me and others) as you meant them.
I do not know whether you have the same problem as myself - no
native speaker and create bafflegab here and there ... If this is
true, I offer to listen to your arguments in German and we find an
understandable translation for the English native speakers.

Jens