Re: pkglint(1) and patches to MSDOS text files

Hauke Fath schrieb:
All,

pkglint errors out on the following patches for wip/jsl:

<3>wip/jsl > pkglint -e
ERROR: patches/patch-ab:5: The hunk header must not end with a CR character.

        The MacOS X patch utility cannot handle these.

ERROR: patches/patch-ac:5: The hunk header must not end with a CR character.

        The MacOS X patch utility cannot handle these.

2 errors and 0 warnings found.
<3>wip/jsl >

The package's files come with MSDOS line endings, and the patches are as generated by pkgdiff(1). Manually introducing the lf that pkglint(1) expects breaks the patches. Is there any other workaround, probably one that could be taught to pkgdiff(1), or should I ignore pkglint(1) here?

What do you mean by "breaks the patches"? I just removed the CR characters on the two mentioned lines, then ran "make distinfo", and everything was fine.

Roland