On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 01:12:12AM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> Build dependencies caused by inclusion of files do
> not alter BUILD_DEPENDS variable, only DEPENDS is affected.
> Can anybody explain why?

Well, I don't think anybody can, considering it is not true.
BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD in a can be set to either full or build.

I'd expect that to be documented, but I don't care enough to check.  It
doesn't resist a grep for BUILD_DEPENDS in mk/buildlink3 anyway.

> In distbb I'd like to separate install- and build- dependencies in order
> to reduce amount of packages rebuild recursively. Unfortunately I cannot
> do this due to this problem (relying only on DEPEND and BUILD_DEPENDS
> variables). Opinions?

There are so few cases of runtime-only dependencies that nobody ever
bothered.  Wasn't there a RUN_DEPENDS in the early days?  I might be
mistaken on that but if not, the fact that it disappeared would be a

Quentin Garnier - -