Re: PAM problem with netatalk package

On May 3,  1:33pm, mark%ecs.vuw.ac.nz@localhost (Mark Davies) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: PAM problem with netatalk package

| On Mon, 03 May 2010, Christos Zoulas wrote:
|
| > Oh, I think that has mostly everything. What does
| > nm /usr/lib/security/pam_nologin.so.<n> say?
|
| 00000c6d t __i686.get_pc_thunk.bx
|          w __register_frame_info
|          U __stack_chk_fail_local
|          U __stack_chk_guard

The only difference between mine (which is older) and yours is that
yours has the following symbols. I would suggest to turn on debug
logging on pam to see what the following prints from openpam_dynamic.c

       openpam_log(PAM_LOG_DEBUG, "%s: %s", vpath, dlerror());

IIRC you need to compile it with -DDEBUG and -DOPENPAM_DEBUG
(there is a commented entry in the toplevel Makefile.inc that has half of it).

christos