Re: Case sensitivity

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:56:07PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2010, Edgar Fuß wrote:
> >What is pkgsrc's position wrt. case insensitive file systems?
> >I noticed that cross/avr-libc fails to build on such a system (because it
> >installs both of share/doc/avr-libc/man/man3/PRI[xX]16.3 and similar files).
> >Should such packages be marked as non-case-insensitive-safe?
>
> I've had a bizarre error scenario or two in the past,
> which a NFS volume mounted on NetBSD from an OS X server.
> I think marking problematic packages as such would help,
> but there's no infrastructure for that (yet).

$WE removed some part of critical infrastructure, to my knowledge
and FSVO $WE, e.g. cvs-the-packge is called ${someprefix}cvs, to
avoid a conflict with CVS-the-directory. So building *in general*
works much better, or so I've been told.

However, I think that a package that needs a case-sensitive *target*
filesystem still needs it. E.g. case-sensitive HFS or UFS on MacOS,
etc.

        -is