Re: X11_TYPE=automatic ??

"Jeremy C. Reed" <> writes:

> Maybe x11 detection can check more and if it really notices no X, then
> continue with "modular".
> If it does detect some X but not enough for x11-links then abort.
> But aborting because no X installed in default pkgsrc on a Debian box is
> no good if it is unattended. (I didn't realize it wanted x11-links for
> my non-X package because of dependency depended on dbus. Yes I know
> about PKG_OPTIONS.dbus=-x11 but that is too late.)

I see your point, but it seems scary to have default like that change.
So I would support the concept of x11-links being built in a way that
declares modular, and then if that's installed force modular.  That way
you don't get:

  build package A.   find no base x.  start modular

  install base x

  build package B with base X.