Re: bulk vs. options vs. buildlink

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> schrieb:
> Actually, it does. Installed packages are not supposed to be considered
> a builtin and therefore the dependency computation from pbulk is
> supposed to be invariant to whether or not the dependencies are
> installed. What you hit is a problem with the buildlink3.mk files, where
> a dependency is pulled in, that doesn't actually exist in the
> corresponding package.
>
> make show-buildlink3
> is a start to find the package that does this.

Oops, I wrote too quickly. The offending option ultimately was
"sasl", of course; the offending package is openldap-client, which
by default is built-in on NetBSD.

As far as I can tell, openldap-client does nothing unusual.

Is this a flaw in pkgsrc, or is the user expected to take care of
this?

TIA,

Dennis den Brok