Re: pkg_summary(5), PROVIDES and REQUIRES

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:

> But there are a few dozens of packages that list a library in REQUIRES
> not provided by any other package. Actually the package itself provides
> it but it is not listed in PROVIDES.
>
> For example,
>
>    pkg_info -X perl
>
> shows the following
>

> REQUIRES=/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/5.10.0/x86_64-netbsd-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so
>
> This file is provided by perl package itself but it is not listed in
> PROVIDES.
>
> To me this looks like a problem. Can anybody explain this?

The perl problem is probably due to expression not matching reality.
This is in pkgsrc/mk/flavor/pkg/metadata.mk

Maybe could be like:

Sure seems like I brought this up before. Now I found it:

http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=netbsd-tech-pkg&a=2009-04&t=10432747

See second email in thread mentions the same perl issue. I forgot about
it. Needs a bug ticket probably to remember.