Re: postgresql Makefile.shlib replacement - should we be doing this?

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 08:36:42 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> So, would anyone object to no longer replacing Makefile.shlib?  If so,
> could you edit the postgresql84-client Makefile and add comments
> explaining why this replacement is necessary and why on balance it's a
> good idea?  I'm not saying it's not - just that I don't understand and
> it's not documented.

I imagine the libtoolization is needed for the package to build
correctly and/or for libpq consumers to link correctly on our
non-ELF platforms (Darwin?).

From the original commit message:

) * Libtoolize postgresql80 build so that the shared libraries and
)   loadable shared modules are built using libtool.  This should make
)   PostgreSQL 8.0.x in pkgsrc build correctly on more pkgsrc-supported
)   platforms.  This is accomplished with the Makefile.libtool file
)   which replaces the Makefile.shlib file in the PostgreSQL
) distribution.