Re: "libiconv" package doesn't build under Solaris

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 11:20:38AM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> > I'll try as soon as the Solaris machine (it's not mine) is up and
> > running again.
>
> I try change the rule to build a ".la" file it complains that the
> target filename doesn't start with "lib". If I replace "-shared"
> with "-module" the build succeeds but no ".so" file is generated.

That should read:

I changed the "Makefile" to build a ".la" file at which point "libtool"
complained that the target filename doesn't start with "lib". After I
replaced "-shared" with "-module" the build succeeded but no ".so" was
generated.

        Kind regards