Re: cpp in OS X, information needed

Hi!

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:09:28 +0900, Julio Merino <jmmv84%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:

Hello,

I'm investigating why pkgsrc sets CPP to gcc in OS X.  The comment in
the code says it's because we need to use the gcc-provided cpp, but in
Leopard cpp is just a wrapper around gcc.

If you have 10.4 or earlier, could you please provide the following details?

On my accessible 10.4.11:

- Whether /usr/bin/cpp is a script or a binary.

script (wrapper of gcc -E ?)

Depending on the information we get, we may revert the special setting
in OS X and just use cpp.

For safe side, how about setting conditionally?
keep current settings for ancient Darwin.

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost