Re: Packages without DESTDIR support

2009/12/14 David Holland <dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost>:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 08:46:03PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> Â> I thought I'd pick something simple from wm/ (olwm) but ended up down
> Â> the rabbit hole which was xview.
> Â> Amusingly enough olwm didn't require any patch changes at all, but
> Â> fixing xview-{config,lib,clients} resulted
> Â> in the contents of my head being spread evenly over every surface in
> Â> the room... :)
>
> ...unfortunately, you broke my tree where I was halfway through moving
> most of that huge pile of patches to a jumbo patch distfile.
>
> ah well, my own fault for letting it sit for ~3 months.

Apologies - theoretically it shouldn't be a complete nightmare to
create patched trees of the new and previous revision, and then get a
diff between them, but I know what a pain it can be when something
like that hits you mid-way.

Actually there may be some sanity in importing the last xview-* into
googlecode or github and rolling a new full distfile for people to
play with. I did that with a couple of (*much* smaller) abandoned
distfiles.