Re: testers wanted for spamassassin-3.3.0beta1

Klaus Heinz <> writes:

> Hi,
> you can find a package for the upcoming version of Spamassassin at
> I can only do basic testing in a simple home user environment, so
> tests in a more complex setup (eg, using databases) would be welcome.
> SA does not contain default rules anymore as part of the package. You
> _have_ to run 'sa-update' after the installation.

Wow, that's kind of crazy, but I suppose if you have no network you
probably don't need to filter spam.  I wonder what the right answer is
for pkgsrc; it seems upstream's intent is to avoid stale rules, so
perhaps it's to install an example crontab fragment in $EGDIR.