Re: mailman and binary paths

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 18:03:53 +0900, Filip Hajny <filip%joyent.com@localhost>
wrote:

I intend to fix these three variables set in Mailman's Defaults.py.in settings
file:

HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND = '/usr/bin/lynx -dump %(filename)s'
POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postalias'
POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postmap'

I wonder why nobody hit this before - is Postfix/Lynx present as native
software on NetBSD? Don't want to break anybody's world. I'd just replace with
${PREFIX} here - they are not true dependencies (e.g. there are three ways to
plug Mailman into Postfix, and the post* tools are only needed for one).

Yes, postfix is in NetBSD base set, and not for lynx.

I'm not using mailman, but for POSTFIX_*, users may edit
${PREFIX}/lib/mailman/Mailma/mm_cfg.py as
described in share/doc/mailman/mailma-install.*.
Now, not postfix related tools in USE_TOOLS, so we may check paths for suck
tools in mailman/Makefile
(check builtin or use ${PREFIX}/...) and replace those paths with SUBST.

For HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND, DEFAULT_CONVERT_HTML_TO_PLAINTEXT = Yes in
Defaults.py.in,
so it should be replaced with correct path and depend on lynx, or
should be patched DEFAULT_CONVERT_HTML_TO_PLAINTEXT to No.

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost