Re: revbumps and version sharing

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 06:06:11PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
[...]
> Opinions?

I don't think that kind of stuff kind be automated in a really sane way.
There will be use cases that will slip through eventually, and the pain
will only be relocated.

I have an alternative policy to suggest.  It would definitely solve that
particular issue, and it is a lot simpler to implement.

Never, ever, make PKGREVISION go back, no matter if any other piece of
the package name and version changes.  Reveision bumps don't happen that
frequently, and if a year from now a few packages reach nb100, then so
what?  Who cares?

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost